Wednesday 9 March 2011

Lent



Lent: 
The Christian tradition to give up a personal luxury for 40 days and 40 nights, beginning the day after pancake day, marking the lead up to the easter season.

So here we are, the afternoon after pancake day. Decades ago your house would now be starved of flour, eggs etc, however in todays modern world we partake in lent by giving up something which we enjoy for 40 days. Have you given up anything for lent this year? Some people I've known in the past have given up food other than vegetables for 40 days. Unfortunately, im not that dedicated. However, my sacrifice for lent, I feel, for me, may be an extreme challenge and will definitely not be easy. I have decided to give up Chain Cafes. By Chain Cafes I don't mean prison canteens or anything quite as mad as that, I will however be quitting on the beauties known as, Starbucks, Costa, Cafe Nero. If you know me on a personal level, you will understand that this is quite a big thing. So I have confiscated my Coffee Cards and stamp sheets and now face 40 days of zilch ridiculously sugary, syrupy drinks. 



Yesterday marked my last Frappacino for 40 days and to make it worse, Starbucks have even just released a new design for their cup. It may not sound like much, but, it really is.






No comments:

Post a Comment